- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
You can edit metadata for single items quickly and easily in the web interface.
- Find the item you want to edit. In the sidebar, under Context, click "Edit this item".
- Click on the "Item Metadata" tab.
- From here, you can:
- Add new metadata - Choose a field name and enter its value. Language is optional but encouraged, and should usually be "en_US".
- Edit or delete existing metadata values - Scroll down and edit the content of the fields. BE CAREFUL - none of these values are validated - they are as you enter them.
To delete a value, click the checkbox beside the field, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Update.
You can export a collection or community's metadata and edit items in bulk, then reimport it.
- In Scholars Junction, navigate to the community or collection that you want to edit.
- In the sidebar, under Context, click "Export Metadata." A file download dialog will open; save this .csv file to your computer.
- Edit the metadata file as needed.
- If you need to add a field, insert a new column and add the values as you normally would.
- If you need to delete field values, or move them to new fields, do not delete the field's column - instead, clear the column's data, leaving the field name intact. If you delete the column, DSpace assumes there are no changes to be made to it and ignores it, leaving its data alone.
- In Scholars Junction, in the sidebar, under Content Administration, click "Import Metadata." Browse for your file and click "Upload CSV."
If you're making a lot of changes, you may have to split the .csv into batches and repeat the above steps. DSpace's limit here is the number of changes made rather than the number of items you're importing; if you have few changes you can have larger batches, and vice versa.
If you need to create a new metadata field: