In order to embargo a file, you will need to edit its authorization policies.
- Navigate to the item, and on the sidebar, click "Edit this item".
- Click on the "Authorizations" button. You will see a list of the item's policies - there are policies for the item record, the license, the bundle, and for the bitstreams (files) in the item. Focus here on the bitstream policies.
- Edit or create an embargo.
- To keep anonymous users from downloading a file until a future date: Click on the number ID of the Anonymous policy. Edit the Start Date, using the YYYY-MM-DD format. Click Save.
- To keep MSU users from downloading a file until a future date: Click "Add a new Bitstream policy". Name the policy MSU_ONLY, select the "Read" option, select the MSU_ONLY group from the dropdown, and enter the date you wish the file to become available in the Start Date field. Click Save.